Bill Gates Wife Melinda Divorce: Billionaire Bill Gates and wife Melinda have announced they are getting divorced after 27 years of marriage.
In identical tweets, the Gates’ said their marriage of 27 years was ending.
“After a great deal of thought and a lot of work on our relationship, we have made the decision to end our marriage,” the pair wrote on Twitter.
“Over the last 27 years, we have raised three incredible children and built a foundation that works all over the world to enable all people to lead healthy, productive lives,” it read.
“We continue to share a belief in that mission and will continue our work together at the foundation, but we no longer believe we can grow together as a couple in the next phase of our lives.
“We ask for space and privacy for our family as we begin to navigate this new life.”
— Bill Gates (@BillGates) May 3, 2021
Bill and Melinda met in 1987. Melinda was 24 and had just started working for Microsoft and Bill was the CEO. They married in 1994, and a year later, Bill became the richest man in the world.
Four years later, they started the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a philanthropic organization dedicated to fighting “poverty, disease and inequity around the world.”
- Nigerians React As Bill And Melinda Gates Divorce After 27-Year Marriage
- Bill Gates Foundation Denies Offering Lawmakers $10m Bribe To Pass Controversial Infectious Disease Bill
- Bill Gates emerges richest person in the World – See Dangote’s position
- Jeff Bezos Lost ‘World’s Richest Man’ Status to Bill gates – Then Reclaimed It Overnight
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation funds innovations with $1.1b