A body of an unidentified Nigerian man has been found in the landing gear compartment of a plane that arrived in Amsterdam Schiphol Airport from Lagos, Nigeria.
Dutch authorities have launched an investigation into the man’s identity and cause of death after he was discovered inside a wheel arch.
“We are investigating the discovery of a body in the landing gear of an airplane that arrived from Lagos (Nigeria),” , Royal Military Police tweeted on Tuesday, adding that the Schiphol airport police unit and forensic investigators were working on establishing the person’s identity and cause of death.
According to the Dutch media, the body was discovered by the airport technical staff in the KLM airlines plane. The victim was reportedly a stowaway and was killed by the low temperatures during the flight.
A spokesperson for the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad: “The man had holed up in the wheel arch of the plane. The low temperatures have presumably been fatal to him during the flight.”
- Air Peace 14-hour flight To China, breaks Nigerian aviation record
- How little girl about to be trafficked, escaped at the airport
- Passenger displaying “Coronavirus symptoms” escorted off plane in Dublin Airport
- Nigerians Evacuated From UK Arrive Lagos
- Three dead, 179 injured after plane skids off runway and breaks into three parts