The former governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke, has said that the weapons used by Boko Haram terrorists are gotten from security operatives.
Duke said this when he appeared on Channels Television where he discussed the activities of the sect.
“Boko Haram insurgents who have been responsible for most heinous crimes, get their weapons from the security operatives.
“Most of the weapons used by Boko Haram come from our armoury, we will need to look into that. Why are we selling weapons to the enemy?,” he questioned.
The former presidential candidate also advised the federal government to motivate the soldiers and the police who are battling the insurgents in the northeast.
Duke said: “I think the soldiers in the Northeast are under-motivated, the government should motivate them.
“We need to task them on intelligence gathering. More of intelligence than firepower.
“Also, by now, we need to develop a strategy on kidnap. Are the police properly motivated? I doubt it, and they don’t have enough weaponry.”
- Chadian Troops Blow Hot, Free Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram Captivity, Kill 100 Terrorists
- Ndume Identifies Three Locations Boko Haram Currently Holds
- President Buhari Describes Boko Haram Fighters As Scavengers Desperate For Food
- Tragedy As Boko Haram Kills Pregnant Woman And Five Others In Borno
- Nine Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, Two Soldiers Injured In Gunfight In Borno, Says Nigerian Army