ASUU Calls Off Nine-Month-Old Strike
The Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU) on Wednesday, December 23, has called off the nine-months strike ending a protracted industrial action that started since March 2020, Channels News has confirmed.
ASUU National President, Biodun Ogunyemi made the announcement during a briefing of the union in Abuja, explaining that the development followed consultations with its National Executive Council (NEC).
Taking a look at its official Twitter page, it was confirmed.
Academic Staff Union of Universities – and Nigeria [Federal Government] has finally agree on major issues that will lead to termination of its 10 month old strike
— Official_ASUU (@ASUUNGR) December 23, 2020
More Details Later…
- ASUU Gives Govt Conditions For Lecturers To Resume Lectures
- NUC orders all universities to stop academic activities
- Universities To Go On Strike Again, Issue Fresh 14-Day Ultimatum
- COVID-19 second wave: FG considers shifting Jan 18 school resumption date
- NLC Strike: Governor El-Rufai Is Ignorant And Arrogant – ASUU