Major-General, Farouk Yahaya
President Muhammadu Buhari has announced the appointment of a new Chief of Army Staff.
The new COAS is Major-General Farouk Yahaya.
This is according to a statement signed and released on Thursday by military spokesperson Brigadier-General Onyema Nwachukwu.
Prior to his appointment Major-General Yahaya was the General Officer Commanding 1 Division of the Nigerian Army and the incumbent Theatre Commander of the Counter terrorism Counter Insurgency military outfit in the North East code named Operation HADIN KAI, the statement said.
His appointment comes days after the immediate past army chief, Lieutenan-General Ibrahim Attahiru died in a Kaduna air-crash along with 10 other military officials.
- VIDEO: Soldiers Celebrate Appointment of General Yahaya Farouk As Chief of Army Staff
- Buhari’s Aide, Tolu Ogunlesi, Reveals Why A Major General Was Chosen As The New Chief Of Army Staff
- Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff, Attahiru And 7 Others Die In Plane Crash In Kaduna
- Army redeploys 11 Generals, others in massive shakeup
- A Military Intelligence Chief Was Among The Victims Of Aircraft Crash In Kaduna