President Muhammadu Buhari has now met with Katsina schoolboys abducted and released yesterday, according to a report by Punch.
Recall that the students of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, in Katsina State were kidnapped by suspected bandits on Friday, December 11.
They were released on Thursday, December 17 in Zamfara State and taken to Katsina State on Friday morning amidst tight security.
The Personal Assistant on New Media to the President, Bashir Ahmad, had tweeted that Buhari would be meeting with the students.
Buhari had initially refused to visit the school where the students were kidnapped despite public outcry.
But the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, at a press conference on Friday, said although the President did not visit Kankara, Katsina State where students were abducted, he coordinated rescue efforts from his hometown, Daura.
When asked why the President failed to visit Kankara despite that he was in the state as of the time of the abduction, the minister said, “Yes, the president did not visit the town but he was busy coordinating the entire operation to ensure the safe return of the students within the fastest time possible.”
- Buhari visited his cows amidst students kidnapping – Nigerians react
- Tiny Boys With Big Guns Ordered Me To Say They Were Boko Haram Members In Video – Kankara Schoolboy
- BREAKING: Bandits Abduct Islamic Students In Fresh Katsina Attack
- ‘Shekau Lied About Kidnap of Kankara Schoolboys’ – Lai Mohammed
- I’m sorry for kidnapped victims number gaffe — Garba Shehu