#EndSARS protesters have defied police threat as they began the second phase of protests.
The protesters took to the streets of Osogbo, the capital of Osun state on Monday demanding the release of all detained protesters and unfreezing of their accounts by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
The protesters converged at the Ogo-Oluwa area and marched to the Osun State House of Assembly along with the State Secretariat, Abere.
The placards read: “We are not fighting for any political party”, “#End Bad Judiciary in Nigeria”, ” #End fake judicial panel of Inquiry in Osun”, “Unfreeze all the frozen account”, ” We are Nigerian youths” among others.
- [BREAKING] June 12: Protesters Storm Osogbo, Akure
- Panel orders arrest of actress Lilian Afegbai mother over student’s killing
- Police arrest and teargas Yoruba Nation protesters in Lagos (photos)
- Claims of alleged killings at Lekki tollgate not verified ― US Report
- Why we acquired befitting secretariat, by Lai Mohammed’s legacy groups