Ifeanyi Ubah, senator who won the election Anambra south election on the platform of the Young Peoples Party (YPP) has dumped the party for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
This is coming four days after he denied plans to dump the party.
The National Chairman of the APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, disclosed that Ubah was now with the ruling party at the opening of the APC National Working Committee members, returning/newly-elected senators at the Presidential Villa, on Monday, presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Oshiomhole in his opening remark, said the YPP Senator-elect from Anambra South had decided to pitch a tent with the ruling party because he felt more comfortable with the winning team.
He said other issues pertaining to the defection would be perfected on a later date.
The APC chairman however said APC stands a better ground to control the Ninth Senate had a clear majority.
- Ifeanyi Ubah denies dumping his party YPP for APC
- Senator-Elect Slams APC Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole
- INEC worked against the APC in the elections – Adams oshiomhole
- I have pictures where Obasanjo used policemen to snatch ballot boxes – Adams Oshiomhole
- You lack capacity to run political party, Oyegun tells Oshiomhole