The Nigeria Police on Thursday extradited Abdulrashid Abdullahi Maina, former chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team (PRTT), to Nigeria from Niamey, Niger Republic.
He was arrested in Niger having been declared wanted by a court of competent jurisdiction over a pending criminal trial against him.
Maina was arrested on November 30, 2020 through the collaborative efforts of the operatives of the Nigeria Police Force, INTERPOL NCB, Abuja and their Nigerien counterpart.
The team from INTERPOL Nigeria, led by the Commissioner of Police INTERPOL, CP Garba Umar, having completed the necessary documentation requirements and other extradition processes, flew the wanted former Pension Boss, Maina into Nigeria aboard an NPF Jet 5N-HAR and landed at exactly 2:17 pm.
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu, while applauding the trans-national/inter-agency collaborations that led to the successful arrest and extradition of the wanted fugitive, assured that necessary legal actions will follow immediately.
- Extradition of Abba Kyari not automatic – Ajulo
- Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation — Igboho
- #ENDSARS: How Abba Kyari Men Shot A Suspect And Left Him To Die In Custody, Lawyer Reveals
- BREAKING: ‘Nigeria Yet To State Charges Against Igboho’ – Lawyers Reveal Details Of Court Hearing
- “Sunday Igboho and his wife were arrested at airport in Benin Republic”