The House of Representatives has initiated moves to sue Minister for Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio for perjury.
Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila said at plenary on Thursday he has instructed the Clerk to engage lawyers to file the suit after the Minister failed to respond to the House request to publish the list of members who got contracts from the Niger Delta Development Commission(NCDC).
Gbajabiamila vowed he will not preside over the House and allow anybody tarnish its image for whatever reason.
- BREAKING: I didn’t say Lawmakers got 60 percent of NDDC contracts – Akpabio
- Reps issue warrant of arrest for NDDC boss, Pondei
- Acting NDDC MD, Kemebradikumo Pondei Will No Longer Appear Before Probe Panel – Speaker, Gbajabiamila
- Breaking News: PMB Sacks Odubu-led NDDC Board
- NDDC headquarters shut over director’s death