Senate on Wednesday confirmed the immediate past Service Chiefs as Non-Career Ambassadors-designate.
Those confirmed by the Senate include the former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Yusuf Buratai; Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Olonisakin; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ete Ibas; Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar and former Chief of Defence Intelligence, Air Vice Marshall Muhammad Usman.
The confirmation followed the consideration of the report of the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs chaired by Senator Adamu Mohammad Bulkachuwa.
Also on Wednesday, President Muhammadu Buhari urged the Senate to consider and confirm Haliru Nababa for appointment as the Controller General of the Nigeria Correctional Service (NCoS).
Senate President Ahmad Lawan read Buhari’s letter of request on the floor at plenary.
- Photos Of the New Service Chiefs Appointed By President Buhari
- BREAKING: Buhari Presides Over Security Council Meeting
- Naval officers celebrates sack of Chief of Naval Staff, Ibok Ekwe Ibas (video)
- Senate Confirms President Buhari’s Appointments Of Top CBN, NCC And NCAA Officials
- Breaking News: Buhari, Service Chiefs Meet Over Security Challenges