President Muhammad Buhari’s powerful nephew, Mamman Daura, has reportedly been flown to the United Kingdom for urgent medical treatment.
According to a recent report by Sahara Reporters, the 79-year-old top confidant of the president was said to have been taken the UK in a private jet on Wednesday, 19th August 2020.
Mamman Daura former is a member of the ‘Cabal’, influencing decisions at the seat of power, and was said to have been experiencing respiratory difficulties with COVID-19 related symptoms since last Friday.
The former journalist is said to have had a history of renal crisis and had regularly visited the UK for medical checks.
In April, another ‘Cabal’ member and late Chief of Staff to President Buhari, Abba Kyari, died from Coronavirus complications.
A key member of the Buhari’s administration, his demise sent panic across Nigeria’s seat of power, forcing drastic safety measures to be adopted to protect the President, who has himself battled an undisclosed ailment and had visited UK several times in recent years for medical attention.
- Buhari Neither Ceded Power To Abba Kyari, Nor Cancelled His Appointments – Presidency Speaks
- Abba Kyari: President Buhari reportedly appoints Babagana Kingibe as new Chief of Staff
- COVID-19: Buhari Under Fire As Abba Kyari Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- COVID-19: Chief Of Staff to President Buhari, Abba Kyari, is dead
- Buhari’s ‘cabal’ are respectable Nigerians not hungry people – Garba Shehu