Nigerian singer, Burna Boy has become the first artiste to reach 100 Million streams on online music streaming platform, Boomplay.
The Grammy winner keeps breaking records and hitting musical milestones.
At the top of the list, Burna Boy is closely followed by other leading Nigerian musicians such as Fireboy and Olamide.
Boomplay announced the feat via its official Twitter handle as it congratulated the Port Harcourt born musician.
”Grammy award-winning @burnaboy has officially hit 100 million total streams on Boomplay!
He becomes the first artiste to achieve this feat; as the most streamed artiste on #Boomplay!” they tweeted.
🆁🅴🅲🅾🆁🅳 🆂🅼🅰🆂🅷🅴🅳! 📀🦍
Grammy award-winning @burnaboy has officially hit 100 million total streams on Boomplay!
— Boomplay Music NG (@BoomplayMusicNG) April 8, 2021
Burna Boy was earlier this month nominated for the 2021 BRIT awards, with his Grammy winning album, Twice as tall, gaining the recognition.
Burna Boy was nominated for the ‘International Male Solo Artist’ category alongside The Weekend, Bruce Springsteen, Childish Gambino and Tame Impala.
He was nominated for the same category last year for ‘African Giant’ his 2019 album but lost to Tyler The Creator, American singer-songwriter.
The awards will take place on 11 May 2021.
- Watch Burna Boy’s performance at the 2021 Grammy Awards (video)
- Why Burna Boy didn’t win the Grammy Award – Shade Ladipo
- Burna Boy Will Win Grammy Awards – Grandfather, Benson Idonije Declares
- Breaking: Burna Boy’s “Twice as Tall” Album Scores Grammy Nomination
- How Patoranking, Banky W, Others Celebrated Burna Boy’s Grammy Nomination