Arsenal stars hit back on Twitter after they were accused of ignoring a mascot during the 2-2 draw with Norwich on Sunday.
A video emerged of the Gunners walking past a young kid without looking at him before the clash at Carrow Road.
@norwichcityfc on Instagram
Arsenal players were criticised on social media after the video emerged
It led to widespread anger among fans, but Calum Chambers has since moved to clarify what happened on Sunday.
And the Arsenal defender also shared images of him and his team-mates with the young mascot in the changing room.
“The cameras sometimes only show one side of the story,” Chambers tweeted.
“It’s always great to meet our Junior Gunners mascot in the dressing room before every match.
“We hope Billy had a great day at Norwich on Sunday and it was a pleasure to meet him.”
Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang responded to Chambers’ tweet by joking: “Thanks Calum.
“I wanted to sleep but I saw these bull**** then wanted to reply but you quicker than me so I go back to sleep a bit.”
And Aubameyang’s strike partner Alexandre Lacazette found the whole thing hilarious.
He responded to Aubameyang’s tweet with a series of laughing emojis, followed by the message: “Sleep well fam.”
- Chambers urges Arsenal defence to stop relying on Auba
- Emery praises ‘mature’ Aubameyang for ‘amazing decision’
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang ‘can’t be blamed’ for ending contract talks with Arsenal, says former Premier League striker Clinton Morrison
- Arsenal Player Publicly Blames Himself For 2-2 Draw At Watford
- Arsenal Striker, Bukayo Saka, Sets Europa League Record For Arsenal