Canadian Rapper, Tory Lanez has been charged with felony assault following the shooting involving fellow rapper, Megan Thee Stallion.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office announced in a statement on Thursday, October 8, that Lanez has been charged with one felony count each of assault with a semiautomatic firearm – personal use of a firearm – and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.
He also faces a gun allegation and that he personally inflicted great bodily injury during the alleged incident.
According to LA County District Attorney’s office, Tory’s arraignment is scheduled for Saturday, October 10, and if convicted in the case, the rapper will face a maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months in prison.
This comes two weeks after he denied shooting Megan in his newly released album, “Daystar.”
- Cardi B’s Husband, Offset arrested in Los Angeles for possible gun charge (Video)
- Singer, Tory Lanez calls out IK Ogbonna repeatedly for continuously posting Nigerian flag on his Instalive video, Nigerians react (Video)
- Charges will be dropped against a surgeon and his girlfriend accused of raping women, prosecutor says
- Nicki Minaj’s brother jailed 25 years for child rape
- Davido Resists Temptation After Female American Rapper Offered Her Backside While Performing On Stage (Video)