Edinson Cavani has reportedly agreed to join Manchester United on a two-year contract.
The Uruguay striker has been a free agent since leaving PSG at the end of last season and despite being heavily linked with Benfica and Atletico Madrid, Cavani remains without a club.
It has been claimed that United were talking to the 33-year-old and according to ESPN journalist Moil Lorens, an agreement has been reached that will see Cavani move to Old Trafford on a deal until 2022.
Lorens says Cavani will fly into Manchester in time to undergo a medical on Sunday before he is unveiled as a United player later that day or on Monday.
NOTICIA @ESPNFC @ESPNDeportes @ECavaniOfficial jugará las dos próximas temporadas en el @ManUtd
* Acuerdo cerrado esta tarde
* Cavani viajará mañana a Manchester desde París para pasar la revisión médica
* Si todo va bien, se anuncia domingo o lunes
En breve, + información
— moisESPN (@moillorens) October 3, 2020
United are also looking to sign a right-sided attacker and a left-back before Monday’s deadline.
Reports suggest that Barcelona expect Ousmane Dembele to stay at the Nou Camp, while Porto are refusing to accept less than £17.6million for Alex Telles.
- Cavani’s Mother Reveals Club PSG Striker Wants To Join
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic only hated three or four teammates and Edinson Cavani was one
- Manchester United urged to sign Paris Saint-Germain ‘goal machine’ Edinson Cavani in summer transfer window by Robin van Persie
- PSG’s Edinson Cavani issues update on his future amid Manchester United and Newcastle links
- Redknapp criticises Man Utd over key transfer blunder