Dani Ceballos has reportedly opeted against a return to Arsenal in favour of a move to Real Betis.
The midfielder impressed on loan with the Gunners this season, and talks were said to be ongoing between the Premier League club and Real Madrid over a fresh deal.
But Real Betis are also keen on welcoming the 24-year-old back, and Ceballos himself is keen to rerturn to play in La Liga, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Mikel Arteta was hopeful of securing Ceballos’ services on loan in order to reserve funds for other transfers, with Houssem Aouar thought to be one of the key targets.
When asked about Ceballos’ future on Thursday, Arteta said: “Well, we have some talks and Dani knows really well what I think about him.
“He was pretty clear with me as well that his intention was to remain with us but obviously Real Madrid is involved and I don’t know yet what they want to do with the player.
“But he’s a player that we are interested in because we really saw, in the last few months of the season, what he is capable of bringing to us.”
- Unai Emery backs Dani Ceballos to be Arsenal’s key man under Mikel Arteta after Premier League restart
- Dani Ceballos edging closer to permanent Arsenal transfer as midfielder ‘refuses to play for Real Madrid’ while Zinedine Zidane is manager – reports
- Arsenal ‘agree terms’ with Houssem Aouar on five-year contract
- Arteta wants on-loan man Ceballos to stay
- Arteta reacts to reports of Arsenal training ground spat