A Chief Magistrate Court in Uganda today December 15, dropped the charges against fast-rising Nigerian singers, Omah Lay and Tems.
The singers were arrested on Sunday, December 13, and charged with doing “acts that are likely to cause the spread of infectious disease, Covid-19” following the illegal concert at Ddungu resort in Munyonyo with large crowds while the country is on lockdown.
They were arraigned before the Makindye division court on Monday, December 14 and remanded in different prisons till Wednesday, December 16.
Following the outcry from Nigerians and some diplomatic moves made by the Nigerian government, the charges against them have now been dropped.
See the court papers indicating that the charges have been dropped below:
- May All Your Curses And Evil Spell Return To You –Ugandan Singer, Cindy Prays After Being Dragged For Calling Omah Lay An Idiot
- Why I Dropped Out Of School – Up-And-Coming Singer, Miraboi Speaks Up
- “Your mom and Dorathy look so much alike” – Reactions as BBN star Prince posts adorable photos of his family celebrating Christmas
- BREAKING: ‘Nigeria Yet To State Charges Against Igboho’ – Lawyers Reveal Details Of Court Hearing
- Burna Boy and Davido reportedly fought in Ghana. (Video)