Chelsea have ‘very attractive proposal’ for Monaco midfielder

Chelsea are preparing a move for AS Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni but are facing competition from Juventus, according to reports.

The 21-year-old has been very impressive for the French outfit since joining in January 2020.

He has made 55 appearances for Monaco, scoring four and assisting four.

Tchouameni has been linked with the Blues for a while now, as well as Manchester United.

And according to Tuttomercatoweb journalist Nicolo Ceccarini [via Sport Witness], Juventus and Chelsea will battle it out for the France international’s signature.

Ceccarini claims he is ‘in the sights’ of the Stamford Bridge club and they are ‘above all’ pursuing the midfielder.

“The (Juventus) squad is incomplete, and especially in the midfield, we need a further addition of quality, able to make the team change gear,” he said.

“The process of generational change has begun. The operation Locatelli goes in this direction, and now Juventus must look for a young, strong profile that can give a great perspective.

“In short, the objective is to try to satisfy Allegri, even if it’s never easy to intervene in January. However, the Bianconeri have already put a couple of players in their sights who could be truly ideal.

“The first target is Aurelien Tchouameni, a 2000 Monaco player who is already showing his qualities. In short, a player who would be perfect.

Read Also!  Man Utd suffer ‘shock injury doubt’ ahead of huge Liverpool clash

“Tchouameni is currently a track to be monitored with great attention even if Juventus must beat a great competition, in particular, that of Chelsea, who ready to accelerate for the jewel of Monaco with a very attractive proposal.”

Elsewhere, Blues defender Reece James has revealed he was the victim of a robbery on Tuesday where a number of his winners’ medals were stolen.

The right-back was not in his home at the time, instead he was playing for the Blues’ during their 1-0 win over Zenit St Petersburg at Stamford Bridge in the Champions League.

In a lengthy message on Instagram, James confirmed his Champions League and Super Cup winners’ medals and Euro 2020 runners-up medal with England had been stolen.

He said: “On the evening of the 14th of September 2021 when I was playing for my club in the return of the Champions League, a group of cowardly robbers broke into my house. They managed to collectively lift a heavy safe containing some personal items of mine into their car.”

Similar Articles:

Comment Below