Chelsea will step up their attempts to sign Man Utd and Liverpool target Erling Haaland this summer, according to a report.
Haaland has been linked with a host of top European clubs as his stunning form continues.
The striker has scored 19 goals in just 17 matches this season for Borussia Dortmund.
According to The Athletic, Chelsea have made Haaland a top priority and will launch an official bid this summer.
The report states that the Blues are desperate to sign Haaland ahead of their Premier League rivals.
His £68 million release clause becomes active in the summer of 2022, but Chelsea want to sign the player before then.
They are reportedly ready to break their transfer record, too. That currently stands at the £80 million fee which they paid for Kai Havertz.
A transfer race for Haaland could see Chelsea spend over £100 million, making him one of the most expensive players in history.
Chelsea want to sign a top striker to improve their chances of winning the league and Champions League.
They currently have Olivier Giroud and Tammy Abraham as options in attack. Giroud is nearing the end of his time at Stamford Bridge, while Abraham isn’t seen as a top level striker by the club.
Timo Werner joined Chelsea for a £47 million fee last summer, but he’s struggled in England so far.
The Germany international hasn’t scored in his last ten Premier League matches.
Haaland would offer Chelsea quality and longevity in attack. He’s still only 20 but is already one of the top strikers in the world.
His form in the Bundesliga has seen him linked with both Man Utd and Liverpool. Haaland will surely join an elite club in the future, it’s just a matter of where and when.
Chelsea’s willingness to sign the striker could see him make a much-anticipated move to England.
- Diego Costa set to return from injury for Atletico Madrid in time to knock Liverpool out of Champions League
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp wants ‘private meeting’ with RB Leipzig star Timo Werner amid transfer links
- Arsenal make ‘request’ as they join Liverpool in race for €35m man
- Olivier Giroud ‘100 per cent focused on Chelsea’ and sends message to Frank Lampard after failed January transfer
- Man United eyeing four attacking stars – but look set to pass on ex-Liverpool man