The re-arrest of leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, has been ordered by a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja.
Justice Binta Nyako who precided over the court gave the order today after revoking the bail granted to the IPOB leader in 2017.
According to the court, the order was given because Kanu had failed to appear in court after bail was granted to him in April 2017.
The court also ruled for a continuation of his trial with a direction for a fresh date given so that the matter will continue in Mr Kanu’s absence. The case was adjourned till June 18.
Nnamdi Kanu who is calling for an independent Biafran country, jumped bail by escaping out of the country and has since been seen in several videos online criticising the Nigerian government.
- IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Threatens To Drag FG To UK Court
- Biafra Group Fumes As Court Orders Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest
- Nnamdi Kanu Says DSS Harvest Human Organs, Sell To India
- “I Am Not A Nigerian Citizen”, Nnamdi Kanu Dares FG Over Re-Arrest Move
- Nnamdi Kanu calls off election boycott order in Biafra