Ace comedian Atunyota Akpobome, popularly known as Alibaba, has described how some people at the isolation centre where he was when he had Covid-19.
He took to his Instagram page to share a video wherein he narrated his experience while at the Yaba Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH) COVID-19 isolation centre in Lagos after contracting the virus.
He said the need to heed to the protocols became necessary amid a second wave of the pandemic, which he claimed is deadlier than the first.
The comedian, who stated that he spent his Christmas and New Year holidays at the isolation centre, also enjoined Nigerians to distance themselves from those who still think that coronavirus pandemic is a scam.
“The second wave of COVID-19 is deadlier than the one before. People are dying — pastors, doctors, professors, billionaires, poor men, less privileged… people are dying every day. Those numbers you see are not fake.
“I have spoken with people who attended parties and died two days later. COVID-19 is real, don’t let anyone decieve you. Anyone who tells you COVID-19 is scam, don’t trust the person.”
“Don’t let anyone tell you it’s a scam. I just came out of isolation. Several people died while I was there. Some of my close friends knew and they were very supportive.”
- Top Doctor Dies of COVID-19 in Benue
- COVID-19: We Lost 5 VIPs In Two Weeks – Gov Lalong Makes Clarifications On ‘Another Lockdown’
- Lagos Govt: COVID-19 third wave here
- COVID-19: Pastor Adeboye Replies Christ Embassy Clergyman Mocking Christians for Wearing Facemask
- Man arrested at Lagos club tests positive for COVID-19 in police cell