General Officer Commanding (GOC) 82 Division of the Army, Maj-Gen. Lasisi Adegboye, has urged criminals in the Southeast and Cross River State to surrender their weapons and ammunition.
Adegboye gave the directive while opening a two-day inter-agency training workshop for Exercise Crocodile Smile VI in Enugu State yesterday.
The GOC assured criminals within the Southeast and Cross Rivers State that they would meet with decisive and appropriate action by the security agencies.
He said: “The exercise is part of the Army’s constitutional role of aiding civil authority in combating security threats. The main objective of the exercise is to combat and reduce the prevailing security challenges within the Area of Responsibility (AOR) to the barest minimum.
“To this end, formations and units of the division located in the five states in the Southeast and Cross River have already begun the exercise.
“The exercise will include the conduct of civil-military cooperation activities to sustain the excellent civil-military relationship in the region. It is in this light that Exercise Crocodile Smile VI is being formally kicked off in Enugu with this interactive workshop.”
- ”EXERCISE CROCODILE SMILE VI HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH #ENDSARS PROTEST” – Nigerian Army
- Nigerian Army launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ exercise as #EndSARS protests continues nationwide
- Army launches cyber warfare over hate speech
- See The 13-Foot Monster Crocodile With Tyre Around Its Neck (Photos)
- Cross River State Governor, Ben Ayade seen “behind layers of security” as he addresses his people following days of vandalism (video)