A dad has been arrested in New Mexico after he beat his 5-year-old daughter to death because she refused to do her homework.
The man identified as Brandon Reynolds, 36, from Albuquerque, has been charged with child abuse which led to the death of a child under the age of 13.
According to the dad, he punished the girl by spanking her for not doing her homework. He however failed to call 911 until Friday at 1 a.m. when his daughter was suffering cardiac arrest.
“When rescue arrived they realized this was turning into a criminal situation and they called us and we took over the investigation,” an Albuquerque Police Department spokesperson said.
“AFR recognized that this wasn’t consistent with what they were being told and it became a criminal investigation.”
The little girl died at the University of New Mexico Hospital despite efforts from staff to save her
“Detectives learned from hospital staff that the girl had suffered serious injuries,” Albuquerque Police Chief Michael Geier said.
“Detectives from our crimes against children unit were called to the scene to investigate with the assistance of our homicide unit.”
- Police arrest 30-year-old fake medical doctor in Osun
- Man arrested for aborting 5-months pregnancy of 15-year-old he impregnant (Photos)
- Police arrest fraudsters who hypnotised girl, raped and collected N1.4m from her
- Young man shot dead by trigger-happy police officer
- Ruggedman Calls For Death Sentence on Killer Policemen