Nigerian Afrobeats maestro, Wizkid has spoken highly of mercurial Jamaican singer, Damian Marley.
Starboy rained encomium on the youngest son of reggae legend, Bob Marley, when he appeared on Capital Xtra’s ‘The Norte Show’.
The “Joro” crooner revealed that the studio session they had was spiritual, he went further to describe the songwriter as a great guy and a blessing.
Speaking on how he met Damian Marley whom he featured on his new album, Made in Lagos, Wizkid said: “Damian Marley changed my life. He changed the way I live. After the session, it changed a lot for me. I recalled that I was in New York promoting my last album, Sounds From the Other Side, and I was asked who I would love to collaborate with and I said ‘Damian Marley’.
“Then I went back to my hotel. I kid you not, I was at the balcony of my suite with some of my friends when my cup fell to the balcony downstairs. Guess who picked up my cup? Damian Marley. We later went to a restaurant and talked. The session I had with him was spiritual. We spoke about everything. We spoke about kids, family and other important things. That was a very insightful session for me. He is a great guy with great energy. Making that song was a blessing.”
- I’ve been a victim of police brutality – Wizkid
- Wizkid’s manager and babymama, Jada P snubs him, names Bob Marley her favourite artiste
- “Wizkid’s new name is DHL cos he dey deliver” – Fans reacts as Wizkid Releases ‘Made In Lagos’ Album
- Tiwa Savage expresses love for Naira Marley
- I broke relationships by turning down collaborations for ‘Made In Lagos’ – Wizkid reveals