Dillian Whyte’s brother Dean was one of several passengers who helped stop a man from opening a door on a plane in mid-flight on Monday.
The scary ordeal on a British Airways flight to Saudi Arabia is believed to have begun when the man started to have a panic attack and attempted to force a door at the rear of the aircraft open.
Dillian Whyte’s brother Dean helped restrain a man on a plane
Alerted to the incident, 6ft 7in Dean rushed over from his seat in economy, report the Guardian, to be of assistance to the cabin crew. He is alleged to have grabbed the man in a bearhug and pulled him away while repeatedly telling him, ‘calm down, bruv’.
Another individual carrying handcuffs also came to restrain the agitated man, who eventually returned to his seat.
Among those on the plane was Anthony Joshua’s mother, Yeta Odusanya, as well as several members of the Matchroom team flying to Saudi Arabia for AJ’s rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr this weekend.
Dean, who is travelling to watch Dillian take on Mariusz Wach on the undercard of Saturday’s event, said: “It was like something out of a movie.
“When I got there he was shouting ‘I want to get out’ in broken English. I managed to grab him and was preparing to slam him hard if necessary but myself and the steward could see he wasn’t quite right in the head so I held him and tried to calm him down. Eventually it worked.”
Whyte is joined on the Joshua vs Ruiz II undercard by Alexander Povetkin, Michael Hunter, Filip Hgrovic, Eric Molina, Mahammadrasul Majidov, Tom Little, Diego Pacheco and Hopey Price.
The ring walks for headline event are due to begin at the Diriyah Arena at around 8:30pm UK time, with the fight set to get underway half-an-hour later.
- Anthony Joshua Posing With His Mother At Pre-fight Gala Dinner In Saudi Arabia (Photos)
- Deontay Wilder’s team reveal concerns about UK showdown with Anthony Joshua over handling of Dillian Whyte UKAD case
- I Won’t Celebrate When I Defeat Ruiz –Anthony Joshua
- Boxing news: Andy Ruiz Jr arrives in Saudi Arabia ahead of Anthony Joshua rematch, vows to make history again
- Anthony Joshua next fight: Title defence announcement imminent – Who will he face and when? Will he face the winner of Fury vs Wilder 2?