The Delta state police command has arrested Mr Perez Omoun, the Chairman of the Patani Local Government Area of Delta State.
He was said to be in custody at the GRA Police Division in Asaba, the state capital.
The Punch gathered on Sunday that the council boss was nabbed for allegedly breaking into the compound of a serving commissioner in the state, destroying vehicles and also injuring one of his drivers.
Sources said that trouble started in the early hours of Sunday when the council chairman reportedly forced his way to gain access into the GRA, Asaba residence of the commissioner.
He allegedly pulled down the commissioner’s gate after ramming into the iron gate with his Lexus SUV.
Cars belonging to the commissioner and his wife and other vehicles parked inside the premises were allegedly vandalised.
He could not, however, reach the said commissioner who was said to be in his bedroom.
The motive behind Omoun’s action is yet to be ascertained.
But sources hinted that it might not be unconnected with the forthcoming local government election in the state.
Omoun was said to have allegedly got fillers that his second-term bid might be frustrated by some powerful forces in government.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer for Delta State Command, Onome Onovwakpoyeya, confirmed the incident in a telephone chat with journalists, saying that investigation was ongoing.
- Police arrest council boss over attack on Delta commissioner
- Photo Of Delta LG Chairman In Handcuffs And Wearing Only Underwear After His Arrest Over Attack On Commissioner’s Home
- Air Force Bombs Suspected IPOB Camps Delta State
- IPOB Fighters Enforce Ban On Open Grazing In Delta, Shoot Cows On Sight (Video)
- Shock As Suspected Yahoo Boy Is Caught With His Girlfriend’s Dead Body In Delta