An Elephant has killed an Australian man identified as a tourist in Namibia.
According to reports, the 59-year-old Australian tourist was killed on Thursday morning while camping camping in an area that was not designated for overnight stays.
Namibia’s tourism ministry said in a statement:
‘Sadly today the Ministry received a report that a tourist was killed by an elephant.
‘The Ministry has since confirmed that a 59-year-old Australian national man was killed in the Huab river, Kunene region where a group of tourists were camping, this morning.
‘This is a very unfortunate incident and highly regrettable.’
‘It has thus far been established that the area in which the group of tourists were camping is not a designated camping site.’
Local authorities are investigating if the group was with a tour guide.
‘We wish to express our sincere condolences to the bereaved family and friends of the deceased,’ the ministry concluded.
The man has not been identified.
- Horror! Tourist Falls To His Death While Taking Selfie At A Waterfall (Photo)
- Breaking News: Oyo Confirms First Coronavirus Case
- Man Beaten To Death After Being Suspected Of Having Coronavirus
- Drama As NYSC Member Allegedly Beats Boy To Death In Kano
- Write ‘I’m sorry’ 500 times – Indian Police to tourists who breached lockdown