At least four commissioners may be dropped by Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom state as he embarks on a minor cabinet shake off.
This is as the governor has sent names of commissioner and special adviser nominees to the State House of Assembly.
The names of the nominees include: Uko Essien Udom, SAN, Idongesit Etiebet, John James Etim and Pastor Umoh Eno
This is the second time the governor has reshuffled his cabinet after resuming office in May 2020.
However, the speaker of Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Hon Antietam Bassey, who read out the names during today’s plenary, referred the list to the House Committee on Judiciary, Justice, Human Rights, and Public Petitions for further legislative action.
The committee was given two days to complete the assignment and report back to the house.
- Governor Nyesom Wike Imposes Curfew Across Rivers State
- FG Disburses N767million Grants To 13,000 Beneficiaries Without Names, Addresses
- Pastor Enoch ‘kills wife, buries corpse in shallow grave in Akwa Ibom’
- I didn’t refuse to register as APC member – Okorocha
- BREAKING: #EndSARS Protesters Takeover Osogbo Roads, Storm House of Assembly Complex