The DPO threatened to shoot the protesters in Owerri
A Divisional Police Officer (DPO) who brought out his pistol to shoot protesters in Owerri, Imo State may have landed in serious trouble.
This comes after the Nigerian police authorities reacted to the video trending on social media.
He also physically assaulted some protesters.
There has been a nation wide protest, as youths from different states stage protests against police brutality and SARS.
While Lagos, Edo and Abuja Sars protest are said be peaceful so far, Nigerian police in Owerri Imo State has turned Imo State SARs protest to violent.
A viral video has shown moment a DPO of Orji Police Station, Obinna Obi, punched a peaceful protester.
The youths asked the police man why he punched the young protester, the DPO brought out his pistol to shoot all of them .
The sad video has been making ground on social media, as Nigerians calls for the immediate arrest of the police man.
Reacting to the shocking video, the complaint unit of the Nigeria Police Force wrote;
Your complaints have been forwarded to the appropriate authority for necessary action. Thank you.
Your complaints have been forwarded to the appropriate authority for necessary action. Thank you. https://t.co/EI5juyhj7D
— POLICE COMPLAINT (@PoliceNG_CRU) October 8, 2020
- Police officer Sholla Omilade, allegedly told Lagos protesters they are wasting their time protesting
- Dele Momodu Blasted For Being Too Loud During BBNaija Show, But Mute About #EndSARSProtest
- End Sars: “The problem is not ending SARS” – Naira Marley speaks out in new video
- Protesters Block Benin/Abuja Expressway After Policeman Shot Dead Tipper Driver
- “Thursday Is Thursday” – Runtown insists he’ll lead #EndSARS protest