Who doesn’t like Ben Foster? A lovely man and a brilliant goalkeeper.
Chelsea and Everton are both reportedly keen to keep the 37-year-old in the Premier League as they look to bolster their goalkeeping options.
Frank Lampard is desperate to find a suitable option in goal for Chelsea, after a terrible season between the sticks for Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Foster may not be a long term option for the Blues, but is a young buck compared to current No.1 Willy Caballero, who turns 39 in September.
The report of Chelsea’s interest in Foster may seem a little far-fetched, but not beyond the realms of possibility. However, The Sun go on to lose all credibility by suggesting Lampard is also interested in offering Joe Hart a deal. Come on, guys.
Foster is also shortlisted at Everton by Carlo Ancelotti who wants some competition for Jordan Pickford, who has endured a tough season at Goodison Park.
- Chelsea to continue spending with £27m signing lined up – but PSG also want keeper
- Frank Lampard hopes out-of-contract Chelsea stars Olivier Giroud, Pedro, Willian and Willy Caballero sign new short-term extensions
- Chelsea close on Chilwell as Leicester line up Champions League winner as replacement
- Chelsea linked with shock move for Bayern Munich legend Manuel Neuer as Kepa Arrizabalaga replacement
- Gossip: Man City ‘in pole’ for Messi; Chelsea ‘close in’ on £200m trio