Argentina defender Juan Foyth has signed a new deal at Tottenham before joining LaLiga outfit Villarreal for the rest of the season.
Foyth moved to north London from Estudiantes in August 2017 and has gone on to make 32 appearances in all competitions for Spurs, but opportunities in recent months have been limited for the 22-year-old.
He has not featured at all since December last year and will now head to Spain in search of regular playing time.
However, Foyth, capped 10 times by Argentina, has put pen to paper on a 12-month contract extension at Spurs that runs until 2023.
A Tottenham statement said: “Juan Foyth has signed a new contract with the club until 2023 and joined Spanish side Villarreal on loan for the remainder of the 2020-21 season.”
- Transfer news and football gossip: Chelsea to sign Angel Gomes from Manchester United, Newcastle eye £53m Gareth Bale deal, Tottenham rumours
- Wolves plotting shock €40m move for Barcelona star
- Transfer news and football gossip: Moussa Dembele wants Manchester United move, Borussia Dortmund eye Chelsea wonderkid, Barcelona in shock Tottenham link
- Dier can’t wait to start ‘new journey’ after signing new Spurs deal
- Thomas Muller signs new two-year contract extension with Bayern Munich, ending Manchester United transfer links