Gabriel Jesus scored a stunning brace to guide Manchester City to a dominant 4-1 defeat of Burnley on Tuesday night.
Despite a lack of light in their dressing room before the clash at Turf Moor, Jesus shone brightly in the absence of Sergio Aguero.
Getty Images – Getty
Jesus was in fine form at Turf Moor
The Brazilian broke the deadlock with a sublime curling effort in the first-half before doubling his tally with a fantastic volley after the break.
Rodri scored a stunner of his own to make it three and Riyad Mahrez came off the bench to score yet another superb solo goal as Man City returned to their very best.
Pep Guardiola’s men were denied a clean sheet when Robbie Brady struck late, but this was still a powerful statement of intent from the champions.
Their eyes will now turn to Anfield on Wednesday night, when Liverpool welcome Everton with their lead cut to eight points.
More to follow…
- Paul Scholes likens Marcus Rashford to Kylian Mbappe and warns he could quit Man United if club miss out on top four
- Man City seize control of Real Madrid tie with stunning Bernabeu comeback in Champions League last-16
- Man City crush Arsenal as game ends 3-0
- Barcelona ready to snap up Pep Guardiola in the summer as Man City target Mauricio Pochettino to replace him
- Premier League results: Leicester draw with Norwich to drop points in title race, Sheffield United beat Aston Villa and Chris Wood downs Newcastle at Burnley