Gabriel Jesus scored a stunning brace to guide Manchester City to a dominant 4-1 defeat of Burnley on Tuesday night.
Despite a lack of light in their dressing room before the clash at Turf Moor, Jesus shone brightly in the absence of Sergio Aguero.
Getty Images – Getty
Jesus was in fine form at Turf Moor
The Brazilian broke the deadlock with a sublime curling effort in the first-half before doubling his tally with a fantastic volley after the break.
Rodri scored a stunner of his own to make it three and Riyad Mahrez came off the bench to score yet another superb solo goal as Man City returned to their very best.
Pep Guardiola’s men were denied a clean sheet when Robbie Brady struck late, but this was still a powerful statement of intent from the champions.
Their eyes will now turn to Anfield on Wednesday night, when Liverpool welcome Everton with their lead cut to eight points.
More to follow…
- Guardiola relieved after Man City ‘had a lot of problems’
- Man City write to referees’ chief Mike Riley over Michael Oliver and VAR decisions in 3-1 Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Ballon d’Or voters branded ‘clowns’ as Liverpool star Virgil van Dijk misses out on prize and Riyad Mahrez beats Raheem Sterling to top ten spot
- Watch: Pep fumes on side then sarcastically thanks officials – PF
- Klopp says he has no idea about what goalkeepers do in training