A former governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife, has revealed that it is God’s plan for an Igbo man to emerge President of Nigeria in 2023.
Ezeife stated this when he spoke at the Prof Akunyili Women Development Centre, Awka, Anambra State during a summit for the grand opening of the Global Movement for Igbo Presidency 2023 on Monday, October 5.
While commending the initiator of the Global Movement for Igbo Presidency, Kennedy Iyere, from Edo State, Ezeife said
“It appears God in heaven is saying it is time for a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction. Other Nigerians seem to believe in Igbo president more than the Igbo people. Igbos are the development agents of Nigeria. We make Nigeria look more like a nation. We believe culturally in developing any part of the world we find ourselves in.
We deserve to be given a chance and I am glad that our people in diaspora and from other tribes unanimously agree that an Igbo president is what Nigeria needs to take the next strides towards development,” he said.
- Igbo group moves to raise N500B for 2023 presidency project
- Why Ndigbo deserves 2023 Presidency, by Fani-Kayode
- 2023: What Igbos Should Do To Produce Next President – Northern Leader, Tanko Yakasai
- Nigeria is the most prosperous black nation in the world’ – President Buhari
- Meet the Sokoto Woman Who Speaks Igbo Fluently (Video)