Goods worth millions of Naira have been destroyed after fire broke out at a shop before extending to other shops on Shonola Street in Aguda-Ogba area of Lagos State.
Goods worth millions of Naira destroyed as fire guts shops In Ogba, Lagos
According to a report by Channels Television, the incident happened on Saturday and the fire reportedly started from a hairdressing salon before it extended to other parts of the building.
A young lady was said to have been fueling a generator while it was on when the container of the fuel caught fire.
The girl reportedly threw the burning container which had fuel in it back into the shop out of shock. She sustained minor burns from the incident and has been taken to the hospital for treatment.
Another witness said rescue officials and firefighters arrived at the scene early enough to stop the raging fire from spreading to nearby buildings. No casualty was recorded.
- How Brave 17-year-old Girl Rescued Three Siblings From Being Burnt To Death In Anambra
- Two persons confirmed dead, 30 cars burnt in Ijegun pipeline explosion
- Fire Razes OAP Yaw House, Destroys Valuable
- King of Agodo Palace on fire
- Alex shops for cloth at a 2nd hand market