Ibrahim Abubakar killed himself
A man identified as Ibrahim Abubakar, has killed himself, Vanguard reports.
The man, a shop owner along Zoo Road in Kano metropolis, committed suicide on Thursday evening.
His body was discovered hanging from a rope in his shop.
His son, Abdussalam Ibrahim, told newsmen that his father was battling with psychological trauma further worsened by domestic responsibilities he could not handle, including the wedding of his daughter that is coming up soon.
He said: “Our father was battling with psychological trauma and he is also poverty-stricken. More so, my sister is due to be given out in marriage soon.
“We performed the evening prayer with him after which he went back to the shop and hung himself. He gave up the ghost despite attempts to save him when he was discovered.”
In his response, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa, stated that investigation into the case is on to determine what actually happened.
- Engaged Couple Die Naked In Kano
- Scammer promising girls marriage on Facebook arrested in Anambra
- Man arrested for allegedly defiling teenager in Lagos (photo)
- Man To Die By Hanging For Killing His Father In Bauchi Mosque
- Jealous Second Wife Stabs Teenager Who Her Husband Had Planned To Marry In Kano (Graphic Photos)