The police on Thursday, arraigned a 24-year-old woman, Hauwa Omas, in a Wuse Zone Six Chief Magistrates’ Court, Abuja, for allegedly stealing a Plasma television set worth N55,000 from a hotel.
The defendant, whose house address was not given, is charged with theft.
The Prosecution Counsel, ASP Peter Ejike, told the court that the complainant, Onuruke Godbless of No. 8, Birao Street, OAU Quarters, Wuse II, Abuja, reported the matter at the Wuse Zone Three Police Divisional Headquarters, Abuja on Aug.25.
Ejike alleged that the defendant, who lodged at Otiti Hotel as a guest, stole an LG Plasma television set valued at N55,000 from the room she was staying in.
He said that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 287 of the Penal Code.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Chief Magistrate, Omolola Akindele, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.
Akindele adjourned the case until Oct. 7, for hearing.
- Uber Driver Allegedly Assaults Passenger, Steals 2 iPhones
- Labourer Arraigned For Stealing Tricycle In Church
- Tacha reacts after hotel staff sneaked into her room using a Master card (video)
- Rape Allegation: Glee Hotel denies having Dbanj’s alleged rape victim on their guest list on 2018, slams story as FALSE
- Woman In Court For Allegedly Stabbing Rival With Broken Bottle