Date published: Friday 24th July 2020 10:03
Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund are finally ready to sell Jadon Sancho to Man Utd this summer, according to reports.
Rumours have persisted over the last 18 months that United will try and secure a deal for Sancho, with the Red Devils now looking likely to attempt to sign Sancho this summer.
Earlier this week, the Daily Star claimed that Man Utd had prepared an £80m ‘take-it-or-leave it offer’ for Sancho with their patience for negotiations apparently running thin.
Elsewhere, Sky Germany were reporting on Monday night that Sancho is homesick and wants to return home to England.
And now The Independent claim that Dortmund are ‘willing to let’ Sancho leave this summer but only ‘for the right price’.
The report adds that ‘all sides are confident a deal can be done’ but that the ‘grand caveat’ is the Red Devils’ attempts to qualify for the Champions League.
If Man Utd avoid defeat to Leicester City on Sunday they will be guaranteed a place in next season’s Champions League with their failure ‘close to a deal-breaker’ with Sancho’s camp.
That is ‘one reason’ the deal has not been concluded yet despite Man Utd ‘hopeful’ they could persuade Sancho to join even if they were participating in the Europa League next term.
In a huge boost to Man Utd, the Dortmund board ‘have come to the conclusion that this summer could be the optimum time to sell Sancho for the highest price’.
A deal has yet to be agreed between the two parties but it is thought Man Utd will offer a ‘basic fee of £55m’ but other add-ons would eventually take a deal to at least £80m.
- Man Utd ‘ready to bide their time’ over Sancho with options limited
- Gossip: Huge boost as Man Utd close in on top target; Thiago to Liverpool twist
- Leicester boss Rodgers claims Man Utd ‘need’ Champions League
- Solskjaer ‘delighted’ with Man Utd ‘development’ ahead of final day
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United – ‘There’s no point joining if they’re going to finish sixth or seventh’, says Danny Mills