Princess Odume, the corps member who was arrested after reportedly killing a man in Akwa Ibom on Sunday January 10 has given the reason why she committed the crime.
After being interrogated, Princess Odume who was nabbed trying to secretly leave after killing the young man identified as Japhet Akwaowo, reportedly said she did it in self-defence.
Odiko Ogbeche-Macdon who is the State’s police spokesperson, said Odume claimed Japhet threatened to kill her upon her refusal to oblige his request to remove her clothes so that he could have sex with her.
In his words ;
“She actually killed the young man identified as Akwaowo Japhet. She said she went to buy bean cake, akara, and saw a man that beckoned to her to come over to him. She said she went to meet him, they got talking and she found herself in his house.
“She said she waited for him outside and he went inside to bring a knife. He said he was going to stab her and no one would know what happened. She also said Japhet asked her to remove her clothes and she refused. What basically happened was that she overpowered him.”
- Police Update On Female NYSC Member Who Stabbed Boyfriend to Death In Akwa Ibom
- Drama as Young Nigerian Man Jumps Out Of Car, Starts Acting Crazy (Video)
- Police confirm killing of DSS operative by soldiers in Ekiti
- Mom in trouble after men she mobilized to beat a man, killed his friend
- “I rejected Ned Nwoko when I was younger, because I didn’t have sense” – BBNaija’s Princess Laments