The suspected Ibadan serial killer, Sunday Shodipe, who was reported to have escaped from Police custody, has been rearrested by operatives of the Oyo State police command.
The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Olugbenga Fadeyi, confirmed his rearrest on Sunday, according to a report by Sahara Reporters.
SP Fadeyi said
“The suspect has been rearrested and is currently in police custody.”
Shodipe (19), who is suspected to have killed about six women at Akinyele Local Government Area of the state, escaped from the Mokola police station on Tuesday, August 11.
Earlier, the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu had ordered the Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Joe Enwonwu, to find Sunday Shodipe, the alleged serial killer after his escape.
The 19-year-old was arrested in connection with the killing and rape of one Barakat Bello and paraded in July along with two others.
The police named him as a prime suspect in the multiple murder of innocent citizens at Akinyele Local Government Area, Moniya, Ibadan, Oyo State.
It would also be recalled that two officers, including an inspector, in connection with the escape were earlier arrested.
The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu had ordered the immediate re-arrest of the suspect after news broke he escaped from detention.
- IG deploys more men to re-arrest Oyo serial killer
- Drama As Serial Ritual Killer Escapes From Police Custody After Confessing To His Crimes In Ibadan
- Police parades 19-year-old suspected serial killer of Barakat Bello, others in Oyo state (photos)
- Heartbreaking Story Of Middle-Aged Woman Who Died In Hospital After Being Attacked By Suspected Ritualists
- Photo Of Unrepentant Child Trafficker Arrested For The Third Time In Taraba