Two Nigerian nationals have been arrested by the India Police with more than 3,300 Ecstasy pills and 600 gm of MDMA (Methylenedioxy-Methamphetamine) powder valued at Rs 1 crore (N51,748,548.04)
The accused has been identified as Donchucks Okeke aka Tam Tam Dominique, 39, and Celestine Anugwa aka Omema, 40.
The police said that both the accused were living in Bengaluru for the last couple years and have not produced their legal passport and visa yet.
“The duo claimed that their passports have expired and they are living in India illegally,” the police said in a statement on Friday, December 25.
The Bengaluru East division police said in its statement that the duo was arrested while trying to sell this narcotic substance at a roadside tea stall behind Bagmane Tech park in Byappanahalli in the city.
The police said the duo procured the drugs through Darknet from the United Kingdom in order to sell them at high price during Christmas and New Year rave parties.
Besides the drugs, the police have also seized a high-end car from them.
- Nigerian man arrested at Indian airport with N200m worth of drugs concealed in his underwear
- Two Nigerians Arrested In India With Drugs Worth Over N34M
- Nigerian Man Dies After Alleged Assault By Police In India (Photos)
- African Man And Woman With 845 grams Of Drugs Worth Over N28m Arrested In India
- Nigerian man who was paid N247,000 for trafficking drugs, has been sentenced to death in Vietnam