Jose Mourinho has revealed how a lost bet has seen him spend £500 on a gift for Tottenham left-back Sergio Reguilon.
The Spurs boss posted an image on social media of him and the Spain international enjoying some Iberico ham, with the caption: ‘A promise is a promise. It costed me £500 but I keep my promises.’
According to the Spanish media, as per Sport Witness, it relates to a promise made by Reguilon that they would beat Manchester City.
The impressive 2-0 win over Pep Guardiola’s side saw Spurs climb to the top of the table.
It’s been an incredible turnaround since Mourinho took the helm, with Tottenham at that point sitting 14th in the table.
And Reguilon – like Mourinho – is revelling in his new surroundings and enjoying working under the Portuguese coach, not just because of the ham.
“He is a great person and wins a lot in the short term,” Reguilon said. “Jose Mourinho has surprised me in a good way. He has many good things about him.”
- Lampard won’t take offence at Mourinho moans during Spurs clash
- Mourinho repeats his old ‘pony’ line at Tottenham
- Chelsea 0-0 Tottenham: Stalemate at Stamford Bridge
- Arteta rates Mourinho’s start at Spurs with ‘ups and downs’
- Tottenham are ‘alive’ insists Pep Guardiola and he believes Mauricio Pochettino and Jose Mourinho’s teams have similarities