A Nigerian lady known as Ameena Usman has sparked a controversial debate on social media after she attributed Nigeria’s problems to the two leading religions in the country.
Taking to her Twitter account on Saturday, December 26, 2020, Ameena said Islam and Christianity are Nigeria’s biggest problems.
She further noted that instead of attaching actions to religious principles, people should just be human in their utterances and deeds.
The lady added that people in Nigeria are not allowed to have views on religion because others want them to believe what they believe.
”Islam and Christianity are Nigeria’s biggest problems. Let’s just be human.
”In Nigeria, you’re not allowed to have your view on religion. People want you to believe what they believe so a lot of people pretend to believe.”
Islam and Christianity are Nigeria’s biggest problems. Let’s just be human.
— Ameena Usman (@Ameena_Usman_) December 26, 2020
Reacting, Nigerians on social media gave their two cents on the matter. See below…
- I dumped Christianity to become a spiritualist because I want people to see me as nothing – Angela Nwosu (video)
- Catholic Bishops to NASS: Expunge Sharia law from 1999 constitution
- “I have a co-wife, I’m more excited than my husband “ – Muslim Lady reveals, Twitter users reacts
- Twitter pushes back on Fed Govt ban
- You don’t have to be naked to feel beautiful – Pretty lady tells fellow ladies