The police in Lagos have arrested a 19-year-old girl, Jemila Ibrahim and her friend, Fatima Mohammed, 21, for allegedly setting her estranged lover’s girlfriend, Rabi, on fire.
The duo allegedly torched the residence of her ex-lover, Mohammed Yusuf at Monkey Village with Rabi inside around 5:30pm on November 18.
According to the police, Rabi who was rescued from the fire by Yusuf after he received information about it, died in the hospital on Saturday afternoon.
A statement by police spokesman, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said that Yusuf had broken up with Ibrahim over alleged infidelity and later fell in love with Rabi.
“The duo of Jemila Ibrahim, and her friend, Fatimo Mohammed, of Monkey Village, who accompanied Jemila to commit the heinous crime, have been arrested by the police operatives attached to Satellite Division of the command.
“The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, CP Hakeem Odumosu, who condemned the crime, has ordered that the matter be transferred to the State CID, Panti, for discreet investigation.”
- Lady who burned ex-boyfriend house, killed his new girlfriend, arrested
- Update: Photos of the 17-year-old housewife who stabbed her husband to death in his sleep
- 19-year-old housewife kills husband in Katsina state
- “Six policemen and four civilians killed in Lagos violence” – CP reveals
- Police in Katsina state arrest a 20-year-old housewife for allegedly poisoning her eight-year-old stepson