Ghanian actor-cum-politician, John Dumelo has shared a controversial opinion stating that polygamy should be legalized in Ghana since most men have side chicks.
The actor, while agitating for Ghana’s marriage and ordinance law against polygamy to be repealed, explained that most married men have women they have affairs with outside their marriage, who perform the same duties as wives.
In his words ;
“Under customary law and Mohammedans law Cap 129, a man can marry more than one woman. Under the marriage Ordinace Cap 127, a man is allowed to marry only one woman. If he marries more than one, he commits bigamy. I think it’s time for that to be repealed. After all most married men have side chicks and it’s time elevate them to wifey stautus because they peroform the same duties.”
John Dumelo also added that in the same vein, polyandry should legalized for women to be allowed to marry more than one man.
His wife, Mrs Gifty Mawunya Dumelo, replied to his post, writing: “Equal rights indeed …babe hurry home and meet my new new husband.”
John Dumelo’s post has now been removed from his Instagram page.
- Rich And Influential Men Should Marry More Than One Wife – Counselor Lutterodt
- Men should be allowed to marry 2 wives – Gospel singer, Stella Seal
- I prefer dating married men than single guys – Actress Mariam Odunola
- It’s unfortunate that the headline for an interview a woman grants is always about her marital status – Beverly Naya
- Feminism is a waste of time, all women should be married – Adamu Garba