President Muhmmadu Buhari has concluded a closed-door meeting with former President Dr Goodluck Jonathan at the State House, Abuja.
Although the details of their discussions were yet to be disclosed as at the time of filing this report, sources suggested it was all about the ongoing mediation in the political crisis in Mali.
Dr Jonathan had been at the forefront of moves to midwife a peace deal in the Malian impasse as a Special Envoy.
West African subregional leaders had been making moves to avert a full-blown civil war in the country, requesting all sides in the crisis to make some comprise in a bid to end hostilities.
- President Buhari, Other West African Leaders Hold Bilateral Talks In Abuja
- No tension between Buhari, Jonathan – Adesina
- Your legacy of humility will continue to resonate – President Buhari to Jonathan on 62nd birthday
- UN Security Council Orders Malian Soldiers To Return To Barracks, Restore Power To Constitutional Order
- Buhari Blames Libyan Fighters For Persistent Boko Haram Attacks In Nigeria