President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday met with the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF), Dr Kayode Fayemi, in the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The president also met with the Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC) National Caretaker Committee and Yobe State governor, Mai Mala Buni, and the governor of Niger State, Sani Bello.
Although the details of the meeting were yet to be disclosed as at the time of filing this report, it was believed that the governors met with President Buhari over the security situation in Niger State.
Hundreds of protesters had on Monday blocked the Abuja-Kaduna expressway in Gauraka town, protesting rampant kidnappings in the area.
The blockade on the road caused traffic gridlock that extended few kilometers along the Abuja-Kaduna expressway.
The governors declined to speak to the media when they were approached after the meeting.
- BREAKING: APC NEC In Emergency Meeting At Presidential Villa
- Armed Thugs Allegedly Sponsored By Governor El-Rufai To Disrupt NLC Protest Arrested In Kaduna (Photo)
- BREAKING: APC NEC extends Buni-led caretaker Committee’s tenure by six months
- Revealed: Bandits Who Met With Sheikh Gumi Vow To Deal With El-Rufai, Threaten More Attacks In Kaduna
- Buhari Meets Ortom at Presidential Villa After Gunmen Tried to Kill Him