Protesters against the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) have besieged the Force Headquarters in Abuja to demand scrap of the police unit.
The protest paralysed vehicular traffic in the central area of Abuja where the police headquarters is located.
It was also quite dramatic as the placard-wielding protesters poured red paint on the road to represent the alleged killings and bloodshed by SARS operatives.
They also kept chatting #EndSARS.
Among them was leader of the #RevolutionNow campaign, Omoyele Sowore.
The protesters said many of the SARS operatives have been indicted for rights violations, including extra-judicial killings, extortion, illegal detention and other misconduct.
- SARS Operatives Beating Man Like A Thief In Lagos (Video)
- Sowore sues DSS, demands N500 million
- Video Of Omoyele Sowore Leading Protest Against FG In Abuja On Independence Day
- #RevolutionNowProtest: Court Orders FG To Pay Lawyer N1m
- Deji Adeyanju reportedly hospitalized after being attacked by thugs during protest (Photos)