Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira is ‘expecting’ a call from Everton ahead of next month’s January transfer window, according to reports in Italy.
Khedira came through the ranks with German side Stuttgart. He was a consistent performer for his boyhood club between 2006 and 2010, as he made 132 appearances in all competitions.
He then played in all seven of Germany’s games at the 2010 World Cup. Khedira subsequently signed for Real Madrid that summer in a deal running until 2015.
The 33-year-old won the Champions League and La Liga during a successful five years in Spain. He moved on in 2015, as he joined Juventus on a free transfer upon the expiry of his contract.
Khedira is at the start of his sixth season with the Italian giants. In this time, he has helped them to win the Serie A title in every single year.
But he has fallen down the pecking order this season. He is yet to make a single appearance for Juventus during the 2020/21 campaign.
Italian outlet Gazzetta dello Sport, as cited by Inside Futbol, have reported that Khedira is ‘expecting’ January interest from Everton.
Khedira is out of contract this summer and it is believed that Juventus will let him leave on a free transfer during the winter window.
- Gossip: Liverpool star ‘thinking’ of exit as ‘tug of war’ develops
- Juventus ‘ready to listen to offers’ for midfielder as Man Utd circle
- Koeman ‘confident’ Barcelona will tie up deal for Liverpool man
- Borussia Dortmund activate option to sign Emre Can permanently from Juventus just 18 days after loan move was wrapped up
- Man Utd ‘very, very likely’ to land Milan star in free transfer