President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed grief over the killing of farmers on rice fields at Zabarmari, in Jere Local Government of Borno describing the incident as insane.
Condemning the killing, President Buhari said the whole country has been hurt by the killings and prayed for repose of the souls of the victims, even as he commiserated with their loved ones.
In a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity Mallam Garba Shehu, Buhari said: “I condemn the killing of our hardworking farmers by terrorists in Borno State.
“The entire country is hurt by these senseless killings. My thoughts are with their families in this time of grief. May their souls Rest in Peace.”
Buhari said the government had given all the needed support to the armed forces “to take all necessary steps to protect the country’s population and its territory.”
- Zamfara: “President Buhari’s body language emboldens terrorists” – Aisha Yesufu
- Insurgency: Lai Mohammed laments global powers’ efforts at frustrating Nigeria
- Buhari shocked, sad over death of Attahiru, others
- “A Lot Has Changed In Borno Under President Buhari”- Presidential Aide, Bashir Ahmad
- Buhari expresses sadness over NAF air crash